Interlibrary loan sign-up
Interlibrary loan is suspended until further notice
First-time user registration for interlibrary loan
- There is a limit of five active interlibrary loan requests.
- You may request one renewal unless noted otherwise. Renewals are not guaranteed.
- Failure to return or severe damage to interlibrary loan items will result in a minimum charge of $50 to your library card after the item is 30 days overdue.
- Records of titles borrowed through interlibrary loan are kept for six months.
- Only residents of Multnomah County, those who pay taxes on real or personal property in Multnomah County, and those who purchase a non-resident library card may use the library's interlibrary loan service. Your library card record must reflect your resident or taxpayer status.
- Get more information about interlibrary loan policies and FAQs.
Warning concerning copyright restrictions
- The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
- Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
- This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
- Pressing 'I agree' means that you acknowledge and agree to all of the terms and conditions above.